Tonight's race took place at Watkins Glen boot layout. We felt confident with the setup passed on by our Italian friend Marco Giuliani. Thanks for the help with the setup, we managed to come away in P7 after starting in P10. We had some scary moments but held the tires to the tarmac. Luckily we used our ILoveSimRacing.co.uk button box to help us take just a little bit of fuel while the pit road was open. This allowed us to jump up a couple of positions. A lot of respect goes out to Torrey Tesla who was putting the pressure on me toward the end. I pushed the tires trying to maintain the gap but luckily time was on our side. We're looking forward to the finale at Road Atlanta!
#57 E. Frito Sanchinelli
thanks to: ILSR.co.uk, Marco G, Mike Key, Kevin Ford, our team and friends. Also thanks to our competitors who always show us something new and help us improve!
OH and last but not least, our good friend Mike Key reminded us that we got P2 in the Open class of the Mazda field! WOOOHOO!!!!!
RallyCross update is here for VRC-PRO!!!!! Just heard from our teammate in TEAM FRITOSPORT RED that you can drive the cars on any track too! Look for pics and hopefully video soon of our return to RC racing!
We had some good battles here today, we pressed on and worked our way through some competitors but we wound up taking on damage. 5 minutes to go and the damage was too great in the driver's rear suspension. While trying to crabwalk the car back to the pits, I lost control and met the wall. Enjoy the broadcast!!!
We will be evalutating our commitments for the next seasons in various leagues. We currently have 2 rounds left in the MX5 with the Ricmotech Sports Car series and safety car driver duties in the Race of Champions with the Absolute Beginner's League.
Drivers are welcome to pursue the leagues they enjoy. Tomorrow we hope to do well at Watkins Glen in a 60min battle in the MX5. After that we will be testing the VRC-PRO rallycross update. For the rest of the week we look forward to practicing in the karts for the upcoming race in Sarno Italy (Dec 8th), with the Kart Racing PRO simulator.
- E. Frito Sanchinelli
Thanks to Miika for sharing setups with us, and also his race footage for analysis. It is always welcome and enjoyable to see the different strong points we can contribute to Fritosport Racing Team!
Absolute Beginner's League - Formula Neagle
XtremeMotorsports Ricmotech Sports Car Series
Touring Pro Series TC One
Virtual Rally Championship 2016
VRC-PRO official 2016 events
Tony Hayes Cup - onboard MX5
Just a quick update this morning!
We will have a more thorough explanation and images of what we've been upto lately. Moving kinda threw us for a loop and hardware issues for some of us kept us on the sidelines for a couple of weekends.
However, we are very pleased to announce another addition from a fast country!
Miika Pappa Salonen - He is an experienced veteran behind all things with engine and wheels. Mr. Salonen will be joining Darren Boulton, Giannis Christoudoulou, Joonas Torssonen and myself in the TC ONE 2015WTCC touring cars. He is also one of the top competitors in the Rally Community League mastering various cars in Dirt Rally.
- Darren is awaiting internet connection to join us again in the FN and THC championships in iRacing.com and ABLracing.com
- Kev has been practicing his driving with Oculus as Darren also has before his move. Kev has been working hard on the ABL Formula Neagle drives and also testing out the RUF for the THC.
- Scott has been working with his team in Australia in the SuperV8's and we look forward to his expertise in those cars to improve our overall team in them.
- Giannis has been running a Greek league championship and I sorely missed out on some rounds. Hope to give you guys some competition soon!
- Joonas has been working on some Gr.5 testing, drifting and exploring events that would be good and enjoyable for the team.
- Miika has just come on board and we look forward to his fast pace we've experienced in the Rally stages.
- Frito has been absent from some rounds in the Absolute Beginner's League championships, both in the Tony Hayes Cup (driving a RUF Type-C) and in the Formula Neagle (driving a Skip Barber F2000) due to moving and no internet connection. He also experienced hardware issues while updating/upgrading to a 1080GTX and 1500Power supply. After getting those things sorted, we are back in the game and scored a P7 at the xtrememotorsports99.com Ricmotech Sports Car Series round of Oulton Park. We also managed to survive in P11 with the RUF at Interlagos. Finally we ran a P14 in a fuel starved race at Road America in the Skip Barber open-wheeler. Due to several mistakes in the pits and having a hate, hate, hate relationship with cold tires.... Those are the results we faced.
We are currently looking at our endurance programs, the future of our TC One WTCC campaign and finishing out the season in the ABL and Xtreme leagues.
We are hopeful for a return to Kart Racing Pro and VRC-Pro as we do not like to neglect those series but we must be realistic to how thin we can spread ourselves in order to be consistent and improve.
FRITO on steam
Edgar FRITO Sanchinelli