It has been a season of ups-n-downs for us in the CREST WSRC but we are hoping to put in more work in practice soon. The road racing season has had us extremely busy along with IRL stuff too. Hope we can focus on rallying a bit more in the coming months. :)
Auto Racing can be full of ups-n-downs, however one must never give up and remember that sometimes the challenging situations eventually lead to such an amazing feeling when you overcome those moments!
Huge thanks to my friends/family for always being so kind and providing an amazing experience for me to visit. Enjoy motorsport and good people!
We are proud to continue our growth and simracing experience with our partners at Premium GTP!!! Check out their page here at fritosport.com for the latest and greatest Spark Models. Amazing detail and rare, super hard to find replicas of your favorite motorsport machines!
Take a look at the 1st test vehicle we will be running in iRacing. More liveries will come with the PREMIUM GTP logo! Stay tuned :)
Huge thanks go out to Hugo H-G for putting these together for the team!!!!!
Big big thanks go out to teammate Mike Key!!!!! Great work to bring the Ferrari 488GT3 car running in the Ricmotech World Challenge to a P3 in the GTD field.
Great work and looking forward to many more!
Go check out his channel and sub!!!! Go go go Tom!
Miika "Fast Grandpa" Salonen driving Just for the feeling!!! Enjoy Rally!
We had a great time here at Twin Ring Motegi! Check out the broadcast! :)
The Weekend Warriors put on a great show with the Spec Racer Ford. Sadly, driver E. Sanchinelli won't be able to race today due to an injury.
We will be watching the action as it unfolds in the iESPN - GSRC broadcast! Join us!!!!!
- Ricmotech SCS
- Batteries Not Included
- Weekend Warriors
- Absolute Beginner's League
- Simability PCDC
- World Cup of iRacing
- Big C's MX5 cup
- iRX iRacing Rallycross series
- CREST Autosport simRally league
Presenting our driver line-up for this season!
Fritosport Sim-Racing TEAM Driver: Miika "Fast Grandpa" Salonen
NATIONALITY: Central Finland
Background info: - BSRWRC top 3 PRO challenger
- BSRHRC top 3 PRO winner
- Expert setup builder and ultra-fast driver
- Writer of "The Coach's Rally Guide"
Plans for season: Main focus will be HRC entry, however hopeful to run the live!WRC rounds which will be streamed live on Sunday's.
Bio and History:
1. What was your first memory of what triggered your love for motorsport?
1. My father rode motorcycle and I sit front of him. He also sometimes let me rev it up..
2. What is your most memorable moment you witnessed in a Rally
Most memorable.. Hmmm... There is many but i think when i was about 9yrs old in thousand lakes rally and stage was kuukanpää. Audi S1 and Peugeot 205 Ti16. Hannu Mikkola and Ari Vatanen. Remember that stage was 16 km and heard Audi start to finish😁
3. Who is your favorite rally car driver?
3. Hard cause so many finnish great drivers. Henri Toivonen. He gave his life but would come the greatest. Living ones Juha Kankkunen. He has driven four era of cars and win rallies three to four times longer than these on our days.
4. What things do you think are important when driving Finland stages?
4. Put pedal to the medal and just fly. Concertrate and dont be afraid..
5. We know you like F1 as well, who is your hero there?
5. Kimi. He's same that was when first went there. Still one of the fastest.
6. What did you find in RBR that DiRT Rally doesn't have?
6. More reality and with mods more cars.
7. What would you like to see in future WRC?
7. More manufacturers. Back stickchange of gears.
8. What would you like to see in future Rally simulations?
8. Reality and all cars. Stages that you can'tremember/memorize.
9. How did you wind up on the FRITOSPORT Team?
9. Jones, my son wind up first. Then he left rally community server to me as he did go military service. Got idea to race with others and asked Frito if he needed old grandpa to drive.
10.What goals do you have in your future sim-racing?
10. Help others in world of rally. Same time do some rallying and racing. Help team step forward.
Fritosport Sim-Racing TEAM Driver: Joonas Torssonen
NATIONALITY: Central Finland
Background info: - WTCC TC1 TPS driver
- RSC founder
- Fast times at PPIHC
Plans for season: Drive fast and faster!
Bio and History:
1. What sparked your interest in motorsport?
-Has to be my family and mainly my dad.
2. Who is your favorite rally and road drivers?
- Henri Toivonen, Tanner foust, Travis pastrana
3. What type of motorsport is your favorite?
4. We know you've been away in the military for a while, anything you have learned there that could possibly help you in racing?
- Lots of patience.
5. From the leagues and races you've ran, what are some of the most memorable moments?
- Having the fastest lap on a TcOne race, was my first official online race on R3E.
6. What kind of goals do you have when you return to full time driving?
- I want to find new leagues on raceroom and dirt. Maybe iRacing..?
7. What do you hope to see from sim-racing titles in this year and 2018?
- Dirt 4 and maybe pcars 2? Afraid of D4 being a disapointment.
8. Any advice to give up and coming sim-racers getting started?
- Get a wheel with ffb, assetto corsa > Project cars.
9. What are your top 3 favorite cars and why?
-Audi S1 from group b, just brutal power package with clumsy driving abilities. Ford Capri Gr.5, a work of art for its age, such a well balanced car with really good brakes, and the turbo noise.. Yaris wrc 2017 just because im a fan of toyota and i find it interesting.
10.How did you end up on Fritosport Racing team and do you have recommendations for the team going forward in 2017-2018?
- I accidentally stumbled upon the team leader and became friends with him, hope to race more and see the team grow. ✌
Fritosport Sim-Racing Driver: Nathan Johnson
AGE: not so young but young lol
Background info: - BSRWRC fast driver
- BSRHRC fast driver
- Adapts quickly to stages and can push consistently
Bio and History:
28 years old, living in Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia (home town for Rally Australia, winning!)
Work in a motorcycle wreckers, doing IT at uni
Have been racing IRL for about 10 years, mostly club khanacross, rallycross, tarmac sprints/hillclimbs and a few rallies/rallysprints (driving and navigating). Used to have a Datsun Stanza rally car, am now building a 910 Bluebird rally car.
Have been into racing games all my life... Starting with Gran Turismo, Toca Touring Cars and Colin McRae Rally on Playstation, although I've only started sim racing with a wheel about a year ago in Dirt Rally and Assetto Corsa.
Hoping to finish my car and run the APRC round in Coffs, along with Rally Australia next year, then the East Coast Classic Rally Series in 2018!
Well, after several close calls we were able to survive Greece without major incident. We await the competitor's times and also our teammate Miika. Hope he goes on well and carries that fast pace he's known for. Good luck to Joonas as well and we hope to see him pushing more and more through the season. :)
It was good through practice and qualifying. However about an hour into the race we had a spin coming out of the bus stop. 3 other cars had nowhere to go and we took heavy damage. Repairs were lenghty, we apologize to our competitors for being collected in our accident. :*(
Drivers Chris, Hugo, Kev and Frito tackled the circuit with its tight chicanes and dream shattering walls yesterday. Lots of excitement and survival took place.
#1: What goals did you have at the beginning of the season Miika?
- To make a good consistent run through the championship in the 2010 WRC class. Looking for PRO division and top 3.
#2: What do you see was a big highlight of the season for you Miika?
- I think that winning 2 power stages in a row, Finland and Wales, was a huge highlight and positive way to end the season. I picked up pace through the whole rally.
#3: What did you think of how things were going after Monte Carlo and what changes did you make?
- The first rallies were challenging, After that, when we went to ADAC Rally Germany the goal was to keep myself within the top 4. Then it was to have a clean rally run. No penalties, no rolls and consistent driving.
#4: How did you feel you needed to adapt to the Fiesta to have a successful run for the championship at the PRO level?
- The Fiesta was kind of a surprise as to how well it fit my driving style. It was not as good as the Polo in Tarmac but it was about even or better in the Gravel. I had trust issues with it at first but in Wales I had it figured out! I'm a bit like K. Raikonnen, the car front has to be what I want it to do. Accurate and precise!
#5: What plans do you have in store for season 2 in the BSRRC?
- Season 2 will be Max-Attack!!! from the start. Sweden is what I'm a bit concerned about because we haven't found the right rhythm there. Testing a lot before the season starts and trying to find a bit more speed from the setup will be crucial. We've also got a surprise team manager too.
#6: Which competitors were you concerned about during the championship hunt?
- I wasn't really concerned with anyone in the championship. Because for me it was just learning through the 1st season. I think I was my own worst enemy but tried to make that right by aiming to be in the top 10. Then it was closing down on the top 5. Once I reached the top 5 after Germany, I found I wasn't that far off from those fastest guys.
Congrats from the whole team Miika!!!!! Job well done in the BSRRC season in the 2010 PRO-WRC class. top 3 in the championship!
Big shout-out to Joonas as well for coming back from military duties and jumping in the R4 class to set some impressive stage times! We look forward to both of them putting together successful seasons in the upcoming challenges ahead!
Miika "FAST GRANDPA" Salonen has been working hard in testing and setups for our team. He has had strong showings throughout the BSRRC, in the 2010wrc PRO class. The latest achievement for him was pushing hard through Finland round of the championship. He won the tough power stage and claimed bonus points moving up in the chase for the championship to P4. Rally of Wales is next and he's already practicing for those stages. Congratulations from all of us at Fritosport Racing team!!!
Great work done by the guys over at Lux Liveries! We will definitely be contacting them for more work on our various cars :)
FRITO on steam
Edgar FRITO Sanchinelli